A Day in the Life of Tiffany Thomas

By Giggle Magazine

Tiffany Thomas is a real estate broker and business owner. She and her husband Matt Thomas have four children, Maddie (8), Lily (6) and twin boys Rhett and Davis (3).

5 a.m. Matt’s alarm goes off, waking me up, too.

6 a.m. My own alarm goes off and I instantly grab my phone to read my emails and check social media as I stretch and yawn.

6:10 a.m. Roll out of bed, shower and dress, and mentally prepare to tackle the day ahead that will commence when I open my bedroom door.

6:25 a.m. Matt brings me coffee because he knows that I need at least one sip of coffee before I’m approachable.

6:30 a.m. Wake up our girls, Maddie and Lily, and make their breakfast.

6:45 a.m. Put on my makeup.

7–7:30 a.m. Make the girls’ lunches, fix their hair and help rush them out the door so Matt can get them to school on time.

7:30–8 a.m. Finish getting myself ready for work and get ready for the next round of kids that will be waking up shortly.

8–8:30 a.m. Wake the twins, Davis and Rhett, and breakfast-making starts all over again while I get them both dressed and pack their lunches.

8:30 a.m. Get the twins in the car and off to preschool, then drive myself to the office.

9 a.m. Greet the team and get right into emails and returning phone calls.

9:30–10:30 a.m. Head in for the marketing meeting with Matt and our marketing director.

10:30 a.m. Input a new listing online and submit for marketing material.

10:45 a.m. Print info sheets and set appointments for home showings that afternoon for a buyer.

11 a.m. Emails never stop coming, and that’s good! I follow up with agents who showed my listings the previous day.

11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Go home to pick up our trailer and load it with furniture to stage a new listing. I meet my assistant at the new listing and stage/decorate it to help sell it quickly!

12:40 p.m. Drop the trailer back off at home and freshen up.

1 p.m. Meet one of my buyers to show them homes on their list.

1:10 p.m. Oh man, I’m hungry. Did I eat lunch?

1:15 p.m. Eat a granola bar while in the car driving to the next home.

3:30 p.m. Finish up home showings, then run back to the office to pull sales comparables for a home the buyer liked and start an offer for their review.

4 p.m. Return any phone calls and emails I missed while showing homes.

4:30 p.m. Ask Matt what he wants for dinner and end up ordering takeout from Loosey’s because my day is not even close to over.

5 p.m. Text one of the grandmas or our sitter (whoever is home with the girls) to see if they’ll start dinner for the kiddos while Matt picks up the twins from preschool.

5:20 p.m. Scramble to finish last minute work to-dos so I can get home to the family.

5:30 p.m. Lock up, leave the office and head home.

5:35 p.m. Arrive home and get greeted by the kids, who are always ready with hugs and excitement!

5:40 p.m. Discuss everyone’s day as Matt and I get food on the table.

6–6:30 p.m. Try anything and everything to get four kids who can’t sit still to eat!

6:40 p.m. Give up on them eating everything and say, “let’s get out of the house!” We’re off to play in the driveway with scooters or go for a golf cart ride around the neighborhood.

7:45 p.m. Matt and I try to convince the kids to come inside to start getting ready for bed. If I am successful at coaxing them back into the house, I help the girls with their homework while Matt tackles the boys’ bath time.

8:30 p.m. We read books to the kids, and sometimes the girls read to the boys!

9 p.m. We tuck everyone in to bed and say goodnight, knowing full well we’ll see them shortly — usually within 20 minutes of closing their doors.

9:15 p.m. At least two kids come in our room and to tell us that they can’t go to sleep, kicking off the “putting the kids back to bed” hour.

9:20 p.m. Instead of sleeping, the twins are playing in their room. Sometimes they even pull their blankets off their bed for play purposes!

9:30 p.m. Matt or I go in for a stern talk with the boys and get them back in bed and *hopefully* off to sleep.

9:35 p.m. Matt and I watch something on Netflix, usually a show like “The Office,” while looking through our respective social media and email accounts.

11 p.m. It’s past our bedtime, so we set our alarms and crash into bed, knowing that tomorrow will bring all the same challenges, smiles and satisfaction that today brought.