According to Timeanddate.com, John Adams wrote his wife Abigail a letter on July 3, 1776, and described how Independence Day should be celebrated. He said that the celebration should include “pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations” throughout the United States. Today, we would make him proud as we honor his wish with keeping the red, white and blue in the forefront of our celebrations! Although our July 4th weekend celebrations may look at little different than last year, we can still celebrate by making this Sweet Fanfare Cake!
Sweet Fanfare Cake
- 1 box of Red Velvet Cake box mix
- (you will need ingredients to make cake based on the box)
- 2 circular cake pans
- 2 pints of fresh blue berries
- 2 pints of fresh raspberries
- 3 cans cream cheese frosting
- (may have extra on hand)
- Blue food coloring Sprinkles
1. Follow the cake-making instructions on box.
2. Once cakes are out of the oven, let cool and remove from circular pans.
3. Place the bottom cake layer on your serving plate and then spread a good layer of frosting over cake top.
4. Next, add as much or as little fresh berries evenly over frosting as you would like. The more the merrier.
5. Place the second cake layer over your frosted top.
6. Place 1 drop blue food color into vanilla icing container and stir. You should get a sweet light blue color.
7. Frost top and sides of cake completely with the light blue frosting. Color more icing if needed.
8. Add sprinkles and more berries for an added touch.
9. Serve with ice cream and extra berries. Enjoy!
Enjoy Fourth Of July Festivities Virtually This Year!
8 Easy All-American Recipes For 4th Of July
DIY Patriotic 4th Of July Wreath
Tips For Staying Safe This Fourth Of July