Looking for a quick and simple dinner to make tonight? Look no further! Carmen’s Quick Mexican Chicken is warm, delicious and satisfying. Use the recipe below to make it for your family!
Carmen’s Quick Mexican Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx. 1 1⁄2 lbs.)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (optional) 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp. pitted black olives or stuffed
- green olives, sliced in half
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. prepared chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground sage
- 3⁄4 cup white rice
- 1 1⁄2- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth or bullion
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes, more or less as desired
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Clean and wash the chicken breasts well. Pat as dry as possible and then cut into small bite-sized pieces. Preheat a large heavy-bottom skillet on moderate high heat and add oil when pan is hot. Generously salt and pepper the chicken pieces, add to skillet and brown on both sides. Remove browned chicken pieces to a bowl and set aside, keeping oil and drippings in pan.
Lower heat to moderate. Add all the vegetables and garlic and stir until onion is translucent. Add the rice and stir until the rice is completely coated with hot oil, and continue to stir until the rice just starts to turn golden. Add a bit more oil if required. Add the broth, chili powder, cumin, sage, red pepper flakes, and ground black pepper to taste, and stir until combined. Add the browned chicken pieces along with any accumulated juices and distribute evenly into the pan contents.
Bring heat to low and cover pan. Cook until rice is done and a small amount of liquid remains in bottom of pan. Let sit in covered pan for 5-10 minutes and serve.
The Pumpkin Spice Latte Is Back At Starbucks!
Regal Celebration Pointe Theater Is Now Open… Again!
Cooking Up Fun: Tools For Your Young Chef
Download Giggle’s Guide To Delicious Dinners!