We all know that the hardest job you can have is being a mom! The days are definitely long and the years are astonishingly short and some days you might feel like you’re going through the struggles alone. But, we are here to share with you that in the rise of technology and “life hacks,” there are a lot of tools and gadgets out there that can make being a mom a little less stressful!
New Mom Birthday Hacks
Oh, the dreaded birthday party… Don’t stress mom! We’ve got you covered with these tips and tricks from our resident new mom.
- Donut or cookie decorating bars are the way to go! Put icing in plastic squeeze jars, sprinkles in bowls and tons of candies out for grabbing. This makes minimal mess and is an activity and a treat all in one!
- Using a private invite through Facebook makes it easy to collect RSVP’s and share party info with all your guests.
- Get some themed decor, but use what you have too! Reusing decor saves time, money and puts what you already have to use.
- Instead of cake do brownies, donuts, cookies or a fondue bar. These treats are less likely to have leftovers than a large cake (which usually doesn’t get eaten)!
- Get creative with backyard games, arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, etc. Kids care more about having fun things to do rather than over-the-top matching themed decor and party favors.
- When it comes to party favors — less is more! A fun take away is practical but not one more thing to end up under the seat of the car or shoved in the couch. For example, for my daughter’s donut themed party, I did a cup with donuts on it with a bag of cheerios and a juice box inside (calling them “donut seeds”). A cup for future use and a snack for on the go!
- Amazon and Oriental Trading were my BFF’s for party planning. I ordered everything ahead of time, was selective in my purchases and got cute things that would go a long way in decorating. I found inflatable donuts that came in a pack of 10, and I knew I could hang them to make the party festive. Now we are taking them to the beach this summer for fun…Then I hope to never see them again, LOL!
- Get a party themed outfit/shirt for your child. It makes them feel special, recognizes them as the star of the day and makes your pictures super cute.
- Make time to set up and get things together in plenty of time before the party. Last minute set up is hard and stressful. Plan ahead, get supplies needed in advance and then, during the week leading up to the party, put everything together when you can. Decorate as much as you can the day before! Doing this leaves minimal to do on the day of and brings much more peace and sanity to your life.
- Lastly, make it more about the experience your child and their friends are having versus how it all looks.
Good luck mom! You’ll rock it.
Betsy is the momma to one-year-old Elizabeth who just celebrated her first birthday! With colorful donuts and “simple and easy” as a key theme, Betsy created a magical party for her cutie!
Want to be our next Resident Mom? Email our publisher at email@example.com