Throw a colorful party for you little painter with these awesome party snacks! Here is how to craft these sweet treats.
- 24 chocolate chip cookies
- White buttercream icing
- Food coloring
1. Use mini circle cookie cutter and cut out one hole as the “thumb hole” of your pallet.
2. Divide icing into four separate bowls and color each with a different color of food coloring.
3. Place icing into four separate piping bags (or use one and wash out each time).
4. Pipe small icing dots to mimic paint circles.
5. Let dry and set on plate.
Ingredients: (per color)
- 1⁄2 bag of unflavored salted popcorn
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Neon liquid food coloring: pink, blue and green
1. Place 1⁄2 bag of popcorn in glass bowl, set aside.
2. Boil 1 cup of sugar and 3⁄4 cup of water in a saucepan. Stir.
3. Once sugar is completely melted, add 3-4 drops of one color of your food coloring into saucepan and boil until it starts to become a ‘thick” consistency. Stir.
4. Once it is thick, pour immediately over popcorn and stir until popcorn is separated and not clumpy.
5. Repeat for each individual color wanted.
Fruit and Crackers Squares
Buy and cut up colorful fruit, and arrange them info a platter by color! This ensures that all the party goers will eat the rainbow before they leave. Also, set out some colorful snacks like cheese crackers for a crunchy treat.