SIMEDHealth announced last week that the medical center will be conducting COVID-19 Research Studies (SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) related research studies).
“The virus has significantly affected all of our lives and we understand there is a lot of interest in our community for finding answers to the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Timothy H. Elder, M.D., SIMEDHealth Primary Care Physician Manager and Principal Investigator for the studies, in a SIMEDHealth press release. “We are excited to be able to bring these COVID-19 clinical trials to our region and do our part to help America and the world combat this virus.”
Novavax, Inc. accepted the medical center to take part in a Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial to test the efficiency of a vaccine compared to a placebo.
“Medically stable participants 18 years of age and older who qualify will receive laboratory testing for COVID-19 prior to receiving the vaccine, consisting of two intramuscular shots separated by 21 days,” according to the press release. “Individuals who were previously diagnosed with a COVID-19 illness, and were not hospitalized may be eligible to participate.”
SIMEDHealth was also rewarded a few other phase 3 COVID-19 related clinical trials to conduct. They are looking for participants who meet these requirements, according to SIMEDHealth:
- Healthcare workers at high-risk for direct occupational exposure to COVID-19. Those working in emergency
- departments, intensive care units, COVID-specific care units, walk-in clinics, emergency medical technicians,
- and other first responder and high-risk positions are ideal candidates.
- People unable to practice safe social distancing due to job requirements and have had a work-related
- exposure to someone with COVID-19
- Long-term care facility patients who have been exposed to COVID-19
- Individuals experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms
Contact SIMEDHealth for more information!
The ’31 Nights Of Halloween’ Movie Line Up Is Here!
Tips And Tricks For Staying Fit While You’re Expecting!
So Fresh And So Clean: Fun Facts And Tips For Laundry
The Magical Minis: Travel Sized Must-Haves
How To Create A Healthy Home Environment