Sometimes, you want to have something sweet after dinner, but you don’t want to make something too big that will continue to tempt you throughout the week. Mug cakes are quick and easy for an after-dinner fix, and they are also great for date night. Look below for a Make Your Own Mug Cake recipe!
Microwave Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar or sugar substitute
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (like coconut, canola, grapeseed)
- dash of salt
There are so many things that you can add into your Make Your Own Mug Cake! Here are some add-ins that you might like:
- Add mashed banana, chocolate chips and pecans for a Chunky Monkey Mug Cake
- Add crushed Oreos for a Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
- Add 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp. almond extract and sprinkles for Birthday Cake Mug Cake
- Add marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate chips for a S’mores Mug Cake
- Add coco powder, chocolate chips and dried cherries for a Chocolate Cherry Mug Cake
Add all ingredients to a large mug and stir. After you add in your flavors, cook the mug cake in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, watching to make sure the cake doesn’t overcook. Let the mug cake cool for at least 1 minute before you enjoy!