October 26 is National Pumpkin Day! To celebrate the day, make some easy, roasted pumpkin seeds to snack on until Halloween! Just carved a jack-o-lantern? Don’t toss the seeds! Use them to make the recipe below!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups fresh/raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Seasoning options:
- Cajun: paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano, cayenne pepper
- Pumpkin spice: brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves
- Italian: rosemary, grated parmesan, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes
- Honey sriracha: honey, sriracha, garlic powder
- Wash seeds off and dry completely. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter and seasonings of choice in a bowl; adjust seasoning amounts to your taste. Toss in pumpkin seeds and stir until fully coated.
- Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet, in a single layer.
- 4. Bake at 350° F for 15-25 minutes or until edges are browned.
Refrigerate your roasted pumpkin seeds to keep them from spoiling over time. Store them in an airtight container.