Mother’s Day is here and it’s time to celebrate all the beautiful mothers in your life. What better way to honor all that moms do than with a tasty brunch? Pour a mommy drink and eat to your heart’s content with these simple but yummy recipes.
PEACH BELLINI (Because every great brunch starts with a cocktail, right?)
1 cup frozen peaches
2 ounces chilled Champagne 1 ounce Peach Schnapps Fresh peach slice
1. Place frozen peaches and Peach Schnapps in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour into Champagne flute and top with Champagne and peach slice garnish.
NOT YOUR MOMMA’S FRENCH TOAST
3 tablespoons milk
Cinnamon, granulated sugar, vanilla to taste
1. Cut challah bread into 1⁄2 inch thick pieces and set aside.
2. On a plate, crack eggs, then scramble eggs with a whisk.
3. Add cinnamon, milk and vanilla to the egg mixture to your preferred taste. Mix together until ingredients are well combined and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a frying pan on low to medium-low heat.
5. Once butter is melted, dip challah bread into egg mixture, making sure to cover the entire side of bread. Flip over and cover the other side with the egg mixture.
6. Once fully covered, place bread in the frying pan. Before flipping over, sprinkle the top lightly with sugar. Flip and fry the other side. Remove once brown on both sides.
7. Top with powdered sugar, strawberries and blueberries. Serve with maple syrup and butter.
EGG-CELLENT MOTHER’S DAY QUICHE
1 refrigerated pie crust
3⁄4 cup half and half (or whole milk)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
11⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided 1⁄2 cup baby spinach
1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup cooked bacon pieces (if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook bacon in the microwave, then chop into small pieces.
3. While bacon is cooking, unroll pie crust and place in a 9” pie plate, crimping the edges.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
5. Sprinkle spinach, tomatoes, bacon bits and 1 cup of cheese over the pie crust.
6. Pour egg mixture over meat and veggie mixture. Top with remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center of the quiche is completely set.
8. Allow the quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.