Are you ready watch the Super Bowl on Sunday? Root for your favorite team while eating some delicious and easy Super Bowl Sunday party snacks!
Caprese Salad Skewers
These super simple party appetizers take only 4 ingredients to make, but they will make your guests feel like they are eating something fancy.
- Small mozzarella balls
- Basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Plus: party toothpicks or small skewers
After you gather all of your ingredients, create an assembly line with the tomatoes first, then the basil leaves and the mozzarella last. Grab your skewer in one hand and skewer on a tomato. After the tomato, roll up a basil leaf and skewer it so that it is next to the tomato. The mozzarella ball goes on last. After you have all of your skewers made, display on a platter and drizzle balsamic vinegar over all of the skewers along with some salt and pepper. Your guests will love this delicious finger food!
No-Bake Crushed Cookie Bars
- 1 package of chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the package of cookies into a large Ziploc bag.
- Together with your little one, finely crush the cookies until they are ground. (You may use a food processor if you have one, but that takes away the fun of doing it together!)
- In a separate bowl, combine marshmallows and butter. Melt in the microwave until marshmallows grow to about twice the size.
- Once melted, combine the crushed cookies and the melted marshmallows. Stir thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to lined baking pan and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Pigs in a Bacon Blanket
Here is another easy appetizer that your guests will be addicted to, especially the meat lovers! Think of these as the grown up, more delicious version of pigs in a blanket perfect for any New Year’s Party.
- 1 package of little smokes (12 oz.)
- 1 package of the bacon of your choice
- Brown sugar
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Open the package of little smokies and the package of bacon. Cut the raw bacon into thirds, wrap each sausage in a piece of bacon and skewer with a toothpick. Repeat with the rest of the little smokies and lay them out on a baking pan. Sprinkle the bacon wrapped smokies with a little mountain of brown sugar. Bake in the oven until the bacon gets crispy, about 30 minutes. Pile up your Pigs in a Bacon Blanket up on a platter and watch them disappear!
Homemade Mini Pizzas
- 2 store bought pizza dough
- 1 circle shaped cookie cutter (get creative and use other shapes as well!)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1 package of Italian shredded cheese
- 1 package of Mexican shredded cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings!
- Preheat the oven according to the label on your pizza dough.
- Separate your favorite pizza toppings into small bowls.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a flat surface and roll out your dough.
- Have your little one use the cookie cutter to cut out their pizza shape.
- Top your pizza with sauce, cheese and the delicious toppings!
- Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy your creation!
These sweet treats will be the perfect dessert to compliment your salty New Year’s snacks! Click here to get the recipe for Grandma’s Apple Turnovers, a recipe belonging to the family of Amanda Roland, our Web Editor! Easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
Ham and Cheese Roll-ups
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough
- 3-4 slices of honey ham
- 1 package of Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 egg white (for egg wash)
- Preheat the oven according to the label on the dough packaging.
- Together with your little one, roll out the dough and cut along the perforated line.
- Cut the ham into strips to fit your roll, and place on dough. The horizontal flat part of the dough should be at the top.
- Have your child top the ham with bits of shredded cheese.
- Together, roll from top to bottom.
- Place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Beat egg white and brush each roll.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until outer crust turns golden and cheese melts.
- Let cool for 2 minutes and enjoy! Perfect for New Year’s!