Staying local this spring break but don’t want to stay cooped up in the house? Giggle has a variety of ideas perfect for a single day adventure. Explore some options that are fun for the whole family (and won’t break the bank)!
- Little Talbot Island State Park – Explore pristine beaches, abundant wildlife, hiking and biking trails, kayaking and more. floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/little-talbot-island-state-park
- Retirement Home for Horses at Mill Creek Farm – Visit this sanctuary for retired horses for a beautiful and peaceful visit. Open Saturdays from 11am-3pm with the admission of 2 (or more) carrots. millcreekfarm.org
- Go antiquing in McIntosh or Micanopy – Take a step back in time and visit Micanopy or McIntosh and shop the quaint antique stores.
- Wild Adventures – Take a walk on the wild side and spend the day at this fun amusement park in Valdosta! Open for the 2022 season beginning March 19th. wildadventures.com
- Challenger Learning Center in Tallahassee – Visit this five-story planetarium along with a Space Station laboratory, mission control simulator and IMAX theater. challengertlh.com
- Explore Thomasville, GA – Visit a Confederate Prisoner of War Camp, Hunt the Lost Quail scavenger hunt and explore history, shopping and dining in this beautiful downtown area. thomasvillega.com
- Washington Oaks Garden – Enjoy a unique beachfront area and beautiful botanical gardens at Washington Oaks in Palm Coast. washingtonoaks.org
- Visit Monticello, FL – Among historic buildings and locally owned cafes, Monticello is a beautiful city with a bustling Saturday farmers market. Use your ghost sensors to spot the supernatural in the “most haunted small town in the U.S.” visitflorida.com/places-to-go/north-central/monticello/
- Swim or see manatees in Crystal River – Admire these gentle giants in the clear waters of Crystal River. discovercrystalriverfl.com
- Escape to Jekyll Island, GA – Golf, biking, beaches, bird watching and visiting the sea turtle center are just a few of the opportunities available at Jekyll Island. jekyllisland.com
- Weedon Island Preserve – This beautiful mix of aquatic and wetland ecosystems in the Tampa Bay area is a perfect place to escape the everyday. weedonislandpreserve.org
- Silver Springs State Park – Take a glass bottom boat tour of the Silver River, see monkeys and explore trails in this nearby park. silversprings.com
- Ravine Gardens State Park – This hidden gem in Palatka offers two large ravines up to 120 feet deep with steep banks at 45 degree angles along with an amazing azalea display. floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/ravine-gardens-state-park