Get your pink outfits ready because October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. According to Breastcancer.org, 1 in 8 U.S. women are affected by breast cancer. This may be a sensitive topic for most, however, it is the reality that we live with.
Fundraising is one of the biggest ways to raise money to help fight cancer. It can also help aid those who are financially burdened by extremely expensive care. Of course, you can just send your donations to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, but below are some events in the Gainesville community that also raise money for breast cancer awareness.
Mi Apa Latin Cafe– Month of October
- For the month of October, Mi Apa will be selling pick churros in the shape of breast cancer awareness ribbons served with pink caramel dipping sauce! All of the proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Research.
Rose Gala– October 18
- The First Annual American Cancer Society Rose Gala will be a night to remember as you support the fight against breast cancer. You can purchase your tickets here!
Making Strides Of Gainesville Walk– October 26
- This non-competitive 5K at Celebration Pointe will be raising money for the American Cancer Society. Check-in starts at 7:30 a.m.
Big Pink Volleyball at the University of Florida– October 29
- This volleyball tournament will be like no other! All proceeds from the event will go to Breast Cancer Research at UF Health. Register here!
2019 HOPE STRENGTH LOVE Virtual 5k Run Walk – Gainesville
- This is perfect for those who need the motivation to run, want to donate money and don’t have time to make it a physical 5K. You can register here!