If you have been wanting to help the Gainesville community, but want to give more than money, consider donating to UF Health Shands. They are accepting donations of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), food and funds to help keep their staff and patients healthy and safe.
The medical field has been at a loss for supplies since the onset of COVID-19, and while it is important to protect yourself, it is adviced to save and donate any medical grade PPE to healthcare centers.
UF Health Shands is currently accepting:
- Masks (N95, surgical and procedure) – Learn How to Make Masks
- Face shields (including goggles or eye shields)
- Disinfecting wipes such as Clorox or Sani-cloth wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Isolation or surgical gowns
- CAPR/PAPR equipment and disposables
For more information about donating PPE, you can visit their website here.
They are accepting food donations as well that can be prepared in commercial kitchens to feed the nurses, doctors and team members that are serving on the frontlines providing quality care for patients.
All donations, PPE, food or funds, are welcomes and may be tax deductible!