Even though graduation ceremonies have been put to a halt this spring, that doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate your high school senior from home! Get festive with this DIY ‘Congrats’ Banner to decorate your home to celebrate your graduate!
- colored construction paper of choice
- a silver sharpie
- ribbon or string of your choice
- Cut eight rectangles out of your construction paper. (We wrote the word “congrats” on our banner, but you can say anything! Just make sure to cut out one rectangle per letter.) In the bottom of each rectangle, cut out a small triangle to make two points at the end of each rectangle. Poke holes in the top two corners of each rectangle.
- With your silver sharpie, write your message on the rectangles one letter at a time. Make sure the letters are big and in all caps!
- Take your string and thread it threw the two hold on the top of each letter. Repeat this with all of your letters to form your banner.
- Hang your banner on your graduate’s door, on their bathroom mirror or even in the living room for all to see! You can even make multiple banners of different sayings to put all around the house.
We hope that this DIY ‘Congrats’ Banner inspires you to get creative with celebrating your graduate!