Starting Wednesday, May 13, The Alachua County Library District will offer curbside services at all Alachua County locations.
According to the library district, here are the steps to follow for check-outs and returns:
- Place holds for books, DVDs, and other materials online at www.aclib.us/catalog or call your preferred branch. Be sure to select which branch you would like to pick up from.
- You will receive a notification when your items are ready.
- When you arrive at your library branch, call the number posted at the branch or on your notice to alert library staff that you are ready to pick up your items.
- Library employees will bring your materials out to you, please have your library card or photo identification ready to show them. Patrons are encouraged to wear face masks or coverings when interacting with staff.
- Please return your items in the book drops. Employees will not be taking returns from patrons in person; please do not try to hand your materials to them.
Materials that are returned to the libraries will be held for 72 hours before being returned to the normal book circulation, according to the Alachua County Library District. Return dates and card expiration dates have been extended.
“The Library District leaders continue to develop plans to offer more services to the public in the coming weeks. The health and safety of patrons and employees remain the Library District’s highest priority,” according to the library district. “We appreciate the community’s support and patience as we move forward.”